Institutional projects are precious and worth investing time in! As per modern requirements, structures demand the best material that will support them to withstand the load of decades.
Wood, WPC or UPVC: What Doors are Better for Institutional Projects?
When it’s time to choose the ideal door for required applications, this is when architects choose that one option that will go with their ideal plan. But one thing is certain here, that not all doors are created to satisfy all types of applications. There is a wide class of door material choices available in the building material industry, where architects can pick their best choice from. Although there is a huge assemblage of diversity, arguably without a doubt, the most prominent one is the material practiced to manufacture them.
With so much riding on your selection of doors, choosing between Wood, WPC, and UPVC doors can prove a dilemma. In the end, the decision completely depends on which door material will be a better fit for the institutional projects.
For Architects the knowledge to create whatever befalls in mind without bothering about the performance. It resembles too good to be true and reasonably, in some cases, it becomes. There are too many precepts – expressed and not expressed – that architecture and layout have to accept! However, in some circumstances, you can take behind your design independence by employing smart resolutions that already exist. This is strikingly efficient for the architecture and doors designs!
Let us continue on the Pros & Cons of these particular doors whether it’s Wood vs. WPC Door or Composite Door vs UPVC Door. After contemplating them, we estimate you’ll be in a position of clarity to narrow in on the door that’s right for your precious projects.
Traditional, rich, & elegant, wooden doors have an aura of nature’s beauty that is being practiced by all the industry’s professionals for a very long period. They not only furnish a space with a sleek look but are also extremely strong and sturdy.
Pros of Wooden Doors
- Natural Wood Element: Wooden doors have the immeasurable natural essence nature, that inherits all the solid wood properties through them.
- Durability: Wood is tough and strong and has real built-in insulating advantages of absorption, providing warmth to interiors, etc.
- Green Product: Most wooden doors are built from the renewable grove, which helps overcome the overall carbon footprint thus, being environmentally advantageous.
- Aesthetics: When a wooden door is finished and maintained well, it will last a real lifetime. Hands down one of the most attractive types of doors manufactured now, the design and finishing of your wooden doors are warranted to attract appreciation and add edge interest to your project.
- Carpenter Workability: Wooden doors are highly functional to workability as the carpenters have built their practice. This makes Wooden doors 100% carpenter-friendly.
Cons of Wooden Doors
- Mandatory Surface Treatments: Compared to other door materials, efficiency levels aren’t as high. This is because wood requires regular chemical treatments in order to maintain its aesthetics.
- Quality Standardisation: Getting exact dimensions of doors is a hefty deal for the manufacturers here, as natural wood creation of a well-designed wooden door is difficult as wood withers away continuously. This provides uneven installation of doors to its frames, always.
- Fungus Infestation: As wood is a natural material that has the ability to absorb moisture & water, it often becomes a breeding ground for termites, borers that eat away the long-lasting factor of wooden doors.
- Not Dimensionally stable: Wooden doors require attention! If not maintained well, wooden doors lose their dimensional stability. They get a swell, crack, chip, or wither over time.
Owing to its various traits, UPVC doors have become the favored option for residential and commercial structures and have been determined to be a comprehensive product for affordable and strong door applications. An unquestioned ideal in the building construction industry now. The composition of UPVC is a lightweight but highly strong plastic material with the help of essential additives blend UPVC it gets its strength. They make excellent utility additions to any space as they are functional & have witnessed a performance.
Pros of UPVC Doors
- Inexpensive: Compared to wood and WPC, UPVC is generally low-priced and apparently the cheapest alternative for the entry door.
- Low Maintenance: UPVC doors assure a little amount of maintenance. Just a swift brush-rub down with a cleansing liquid when it gets grime is all it requires to stay clean.
- Weather Resistant: UPVC doors are extremely weather-resistant and demand practically no preservation.
- Dimensional Stability: These doors have a good life while also not breaking its dimensions or become prone to sagging over time.
Cons of UPVC Doors
- Security: One of the principal shortcomings of UPVC doors is the effect of force and security. They aren’t as durable and sturdy as wooden or composite doors and can be damaged by harsh use.
- Aesthetics: When compared to corresponding material selections, UPVC is far less elegant while also being less flexible in courses of its design and dimensions.
- Health & Hygiene: As with any different plastic product, UPVC renders off unsafe fumes when it is produced and damages its around settings. Henceforth, it is highly dangerous to the environment.
- Dimensional Stability: UPVC doors are likely to blemish and can become brittle over time. Additionally, it’s made from unsustainable supports.
Wood Polymer Composite Doors
Wood Polymer Composite or WPC doors is a universally adopted choice, presently. WPC Doors tend to contribute the best of both worlds! The essence of Wood and UPVC as well. Made from virgin polymers, wood powder, and a blend of additives materials, they are pressed and formed together beneath high-pressure provisions. These doors are designed with the thought of providing the utmost sustainability, versatility, and aesthetics.
Pros of Wood Polymer Composite Doors
- Sustainability traits: WPC doors are homogeneous high in density doors that are prefinished & 100% carpenter friendly. They are water, termite & borer proof, & are an A-Class fire retardant. They come with GRIHA & IGBC Approval that contributes to reducing the carbon footprint of the structure. As WPC is an engineered material, it requires no recurring maintenance & renovations, or expensive surface treatments because WPC doors are a prefinished solution.
- Versatility traits: WPC doors are ready to use, & are high in density but light in weight that saves time, cost, & labor by 3x. With such a trait it fits best for high-rise structures that come with the benefit of plug & play installation.
- Aesthetic Traits: All types of aesthetic surface treatments like paint, veneer, lamination application are highly possible on WPC doors. With the help of hybrid composition, WPC doors provide a seamlessly smooth pre-finish look that matches all types of the theme of space.
Cons of WPC Doors
Mimicking Nature: Although WPC doors mimic wood, they still do not possess the natural wood texture as they are an engineered result of a hybrid composition.
We hope you find clarity to go for the most desirable choice, for your precious institutional projects! If you want to get in touch with our WPC quality expert. Our team can answer any inquiries you may have and even give you a FREE consultation. Therefore, call our expert team today on 9555075075 or simply mail us your queries at: email@example.com